I have recently found out that passion fruit were neutral for all Blood Types on the BTD - which brought joy to my heart when I saw a few gorgeous plum "maracuja" at the market. And then Cinco de Mayo happened - which is a very exotic excuse to eat tacos. Fast forward to my confinement fridge that contains nutritious essentials: salmon, broccoli, radishes and all the herbs. You guessed it, passion fruit & salmon tacos are the new it thing. They are surprising, luscious and delicious.
Make in 20
- Mix the paprika, cumin and salt in the olive oil and marinade the salmon. Reserve.
- Assemble the slaw by mixing the broccoli, red onion and seasoning in a bowl, and set aside.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and allow to heat up. When it gets smokey,
- Cook the salmon filets skin side down until crispy for about 3-4 minutes. Flip to brown the top for about 1-2 minutes and reserve.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the passion fruit cream by mixing all ingredients together.
- To plate, spoon a tablespoon (or two!) of passion fruit cream on the tortilla, top with the broccoli slaw and the salmon. Garnish with extra passion fruit, cilantro and sea salt.
For the salmon:
- x2 100g Salmon filets, skin on
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, and extra for cooking
For the broccoli slaw:
- 2 large broccoli stems, grated
- The zest and juice of a lemon
- ½ red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced (not for types B & AB)
- ½ cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the passion fruit cream:
- 3 tbsp yogurt (Blood type O swap for homemade/ good quality mayo)
- 1 tsp dry mustard, mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1-2 passion fruits, halved and emptied
- 1 tsp sea salt
- The zest and juice of a lime
Tortillas & garnishes:
- Soft or hard hsell tortillas of your preference
- Fresh coriander
- Passion fruit
- Sea salt